Look at me with 2 blog posts in a week! I’m getting back in the swing and hope for even more frequent posts in the future.
1) Kind of an exciting week here! Last Friday was Richie and my 5th anniversary! We celebrated at home with a great dinner. We did filet’s (from Chop Shop of course!!), coconut shrimp, caesar salad, mashed potatoes (more like smashed potatoes with skins on and big chunks) and the crowning jewel of the meal which was my blondie brownies! Those were actually Richie’s anniversary present. Because our anniversary is exactly 3 weeks after Christmas and both of our birthdays are in December, our anniversary is usually light on gifts. We do something special, but it’s usually “anniversary on a budget”. And that’s ok. What’s important is we celebrated the day, not the amount spent on it. Lord knows we spent enough on the wedding! I’ll have to check the annals to see if I can find a wedding photo of us from “way back when” 😉
2) We’re making progress on things around the house to get Carter a big boy room. About to order bunk beds! We need to move the office/workout room to the Florida room first though. There’s also a closet that needs to be tamed. Lord, help me!
3) Well, not Lord help me, but Aunt Peggy help me! My mom’s sister (and my godmother) has SELFLESSLY volunteered to come down here in a few weeks to help me nest and stock my freezer in prep for the arrival of a certain bundle of joy. I’m going to try to get through that closet on my own first. Otherwise, the crew from the TV show “Clean Sweep” may have to make a visit!
What, you can’t picture what my Aunt Peggy looks like? Not a problem! I’m here to help! hahaha.
When we were on vacation in Orlando, I headed over to their house in Apopka to take some photos for their Christmas cards.
4) And in baby news, I found myself on self imposed bed rest for a bit this week. I had a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions that did not want to slow down unless I was laying completely down on one side. Turns out an infection was to blame, so I’m on antibiotics and they’ve slowed down significantly. Now, don’t go assuming I’ll go into labor early. I did the same with Carter (and an infection was not to blame) and still delivered him at 41 weeks 5 days. …but who’s counting 😉
5) Lots of exciting stuff is happening behind the scenes at Jennifer Mauren Photography! Updates to the online buying experience, updates to the website, and lets not forget the excitement all business owners go through in January. That’s right! Year end bookkeeping! (do you detect a note of sarcasm on that last one? You should, because I was laying it on plenty thick) Stay tuned for some giveaways, progress on Carter’s new big boy room and client images too!!!